As we pear shaped women have wide hips and thighs, our legs tend to look somewhat bulky and shorter. So we usually cover them with trousers or knee length skirts.
How to make your legs look longer in short trousers as a pear shaped woman
If you dare to show off your thighs (cellulites included), wear a pair or really short trousers. As short as your culture and self image allows. (For example in Latin America it is ok to show part of your derriere no matter your body shape. In the US, this look is often frowned upon for being too sexy. And it is only ok at all if you have a super small derriere. So for us pear shapes Latin America is a lot easier…)
If you are afraid to shoe that much of your legs, you can also wear tights with this look. To make your legs look longer, the tights should either have the color of your skin or the color of your trousers. Fishnets add sexiness and still cover up.
Wear high heels or wedges. The shoes should either be nude: this makes them look like a part of your leg and thus your legs will look longer. Or just choose a color that is similar to the color of your trousers.
PS: If you wear a shirt in the same color, you will look slimmer overall. And as the short trousers are fitted already, it is ok to wear something on top that is not as fitted.
A pear shaped’s outfit
- Shirt:H&M, do not remember at which H&M I bought it..probably Frankfurt,Germany
- Shorts: bought in Austria
- Sandals: Mitchell, bought at Metzingen outlet, Germany
- Necklace: bought in Darmstadt, Germany
- Bracelet: bought on a trip in India
More about the pear shaped 365 style challenge
- Today it is 135 days that I did not buy any new clothes, shoes or handbags. If you like my article on how to make your legs look longer in short trousers, you can see more of my pear shaped 365 day challenge here!
- If you would like to know how I started the challenge: This is outfit Nr. 1 of my pear shaped 365 day challenge.
- Styled247 collected style for pear body types on pinterest here. If you want to see more pictures of my style today, I usually post additional ones on tumblr.
by Verena Valeria