There are two Seattle outlets to consider when you look for discounts in the Seattle area. The first outlet (covered in this guide) is the Seattle Premium Outlets. The location offers 125 shops 30 minutes north of Seattle. You can find international, American and high street fashion as well as homeware and a Sony outlet.
The second outlet in the Seattle area is the North Bend Premium Outlets. This center has 50 shops mainly in the high street and sporty fashion area. While offering less shops than the Seattle Premium Outlets this might be an alternative in case you are already in the eastern Seattle area. We cover this outlet in a separate guide here.
Some of the brands at the Seattle Outlet are listed below:
- Armani, Burberry, Diane Von Furstenberg, Hugo Boss,
- Ann Taylor, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Eddie Bauer, Kate Spade New York, Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, Michael Kors, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Coach
High Street brands
- True Religion, The North Face, Nautica, Levi’s, Izod, J.Crew, Jockey, Guess, Gap, Banana Republic, American Eagle Outfitters, Fossil
Sport and Outdoor
- Columbia, Adidas, Converse, Nike, Puma, Quiksilver, Reebok
Home and Kitchen
- Calphalon Kitchen Outlet, Kitchen Collection, Le Creuset
Gifts and special stores
- Disney Store Outlet, Swarovski, Crabtree & Evelyn, L’Occitane, Sony
Directions to the Seattle Outlet
The outlet mall is 30 minutes north of Seattle, to reach it via GPS use the following address:
Seattle Premium Outlets
10600 Quil Ceda Blvd.
Tulalip, WA 98271
With a car from Seattle take interstate I-5 to exit 202 and then go on 116th St northeast. The outlet is located at Quil Ceda Boulevard next to the Tulalip Casino. From Vancouver got south until exit 202 on I-5, the trip will take about 2 hours. Same directions as above once you are at exit 202 off I-5.
With a bus you can go with bus line 510 from downtown Seattle. At Everett Station, take line #201 and finally switch to line #222 at State Ave & 1st St (direction Tulalip). The outlet center is at 105th St NE & 30th Ave NE stop Please visit the Community Transit site for information on timings.
There are also direct shuttle buses available to the outlet from Seattle (LuxeLine, call at +1 (800) 975-0460 or Shuttle Express, tel. +1 (425) 981-7000). From Vancouver you can reserve a seat at Quick Shuttle (+1 (800) 665-2122). Please note that a reservation is required for all shuttle bus services.
International visitors should fly to the Seattle airport as it is the closest. Alternatively you can also fly to Vancouver or Portland and then drive to the outlet.
The Seattle outlet is open from 10:00h to 21:00h Mon – Sat and from 10:00h to 19:00h on Sunday. There are special opening hours on public holidays, details can be seen at the homepage. Please be aware that the center is closed on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day.
There are sales all year, details for the participating stores can be found on the outlet sales page. The best chance for a discount are during the end of saison sales in February and August and on the events around Labor Day, Columbus Day, (after) Thanksgiving Day and after Christmas.
For hungry shoppers the center foodcourt has Italian, Asian (wok), Pretzels, Steak and Potato and a Subway. You can also relax at the Starbucks and have a coffee together with some Internet. For a sweet surprise visit the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory shop outside of the foodcourt.
There is no childminding service or playgrounds in the outlet mall, you can hover rent a stroller at the information desk.
Seattle outlet tips from our side:
- There is a 10% discount for shoppers over the age of 50, just bring your ID and show it to the cashier. The list of participating stores can be found at the information desk
- In case you arrive by rental consider renting from zipcar as you will get a free coupon book when you present your rental agreement or key at the information desk.
- For return visitors it might be worthwhile joining the Premium Outlet VIP club