I love golden shoes, well, all kind of shoes in metallic colors. Metallic colors are easy to combine with other colors, there is no color that would not go with them. When I add the same metallic as jewelry, I look great in an instant.
The also insert a little glamour to an outfit. Even with simple or even rustic clothes – shoes in a metallic color add some wha-wha-woom.
Waiting in my closet
I have bought these golden shoes several years ago. I do not only love their color, I also love the style. I have rather broad feet, and the design of the shoe makes them look slimmer. Still I have only worn them sparsely. I wondered why….
- Did I not like the brand any more? I have not been shopping at a C&A for years any more. But I still like the dresses that I bought there, so that would be weird.
- Do the heels look too worn? On further inspection, I noticed the heel looks too worn to wear it to work. But I could still wear it in my leisure time until I decide the shoes served their pirpose.
- Did I not like the heel? It looks a little cheap, you can see that it is not a very good shoe. But obviously I still liked the look enough to keep them in my closet, so there must be another reason.
These shoes are made from plastic
I packed them in my suitcase for South America, and now that I have worn them for several hours, I know why I had not worn them. The material first makes my feet sweat and then gives them blisters. I even had a blister where the strap goes over my arch.
I know why I do not like plastic shoes, but I had forgotten that these shoes contributed to my opinion. No matter if the heel is still ok, no matter if I like the look and the color – I will not take these shoes home again.
A pear shaped’s outfit
- Golden shoes: C&A, do not remember which C&A I bought them at
- Bag: Body shop, bought second hand
- Dress: bought in Bali, Indonesia
- Belt: do not remember where I got it
- Necklace: bought in Granada, Spain
- Earrings: Adriana Orsini, bought at Tanger Outlet near Charlotte, USA
(I did not plan to bring any metallic jewelry here as I was afraid it would call attention from robbers. I feel rather secure in my neighboorhoud though and found these earrings in my handbag organizer bag. So why not wear them?)
More about the pear shaped 365 style challenge
- Today it is 137 days that I did not buy any new clothes, shoes or handbags. If you like my article on shoes made from plastic, you can see more of my pear shaped 365 day challenge here!
- If you would like to know how I started the challenge: This is outfit Nr. 1 of my pear shaped 365 day challenge.
- Styled247 collected style for pear body types on pinterest here. If you want to see more pictures of my style today, I usually post additional ones on tumblr.
by Verena Valeria