The Kildare Village Outlet in Ireland offers more than 50 brands and is situated about 20 minutes west of Dublin. Shopping in the Kildare Village outlet offers English and international designer clothes but also cosmetics / beauty and homeware.
The selection in this outlet is not as big as in some of the other villages operated by Chic outlets (e.g. the Bicester Village Outlet in the UK) but it is your best choice for all year discounts in Ireland. This is the only Ireland outlet we are aware of so it is the best choice if you are in Ireland. International guests especially from the United States will probably be a bit disappointed with the dicounts offered.
Brands at Ireland Kildare Village outlet
- English designer fashion
L.K Bennett, Burberry, Brooks Brothers, Church’s, Hacket, Hobbs, Radley
- International designer fashion:
Furla, Coach, Calvin Klein (also Jeans), Hugo Boss, DKNY, Lacoste, Ralph Lauren
- High street fashion
Levis’s, Superdry, Tommy Hilfiger, Ted Baker
- Sporty fashion
ASICS, Nike, Reebok
Le Creuset, Villeroy & Boch, Cath Kidston
- Cosmetics and Beauty
Crabtree & Evelyn, Molton Brown
Directions to the Kildare Village OutletThe outlet is about 60 km west of Dublin, the trip (via the N7 / M7) takes less than an hour. From Limerick (via M7) the trip is about about 90 minutes. If you use a GPS navigate to the following address:
Kildare Village Outlet
The Kildare Village outlet center is directly next to the M7 so taking a car is a very easy way of getting there from Dublin. Just exit M7 at exit 13 and follow the signs to Kildare Town. On the roundabout before entering Kildare take the third exit and you will see the Kildare Village outlet.
Alternatively you can take the train to Kildare town station from Dublin Heuston station and then take a (free) shuttle bus or taxi to the outlet. Details on prices and times can be found on the national railway homepage.
Yet another alternative is to take a shuttle bus (called Shopping Express™) from Dublin (Georges Quay). To make sure that you have a place on the shuttle bus register beforehand on the homepage. From Limerick the bus leaves from the airport (Coach park 1), the 3 hours trip is 22€ for a round trip.
For shoppers flying in from out of Ireland the best choice is Dublin (DUB) and then taking a rental car or shuttle bus from there. The abovementioned shuttle bus also stops at the airport, you can check the timetable here.
Opening hours, sales and other information
Parking is available around the outlet free of charge, the outlet offers 850 parking spaces. Nevertheless especially on weekends it pays off to arrive early as even the 850 spaces will fill quickly and you do not want to start your shopping trip cruising 20 minutes for a parking slot.
In terms of food Kildare has a creperie and an Italian restaurant in the outlet itself. There is also a traditional Irish restaurant called “The Hanged Man’s” about 10 minutes north of the outlet (in Milltown, Co. Kildare).
Opening hours for the Kildare Village outlet are Mo -We 10:00h – 18:00h, Th / Fr 10:00h – 20:00h and Sa / Su 10.00-19.00.
Special Sales are available all year (all weekly sales are listed on the homepage). Your best chance for additional discounts however are the summer and winter closing sales and the time shortly before and after christmas. If you are flexible when to go you therefore should aim at either end of January / beginning of February or end of July / beginning of August to catch the mentioned end of season sales.
In case you plan to shop with your children there is a playground in the outlet. Kildare Village outlet does not offer childminding service but they do list a couple of Indoor play areas nearby (www.theplaybarn.com and www.trickytricksters.ie).
Kildare Village outlet tips from our side
- In case you arrive by bus show your bus ticket at the information desk to receive an extra 10% off.
- For shoppers from out of the EU Kildare Village outlet offers tax free shopping (Premier Tax Free, Tax Free Worldwide or FEXCO) – worth to get the forms stamped. You can get the money back at the airport.
- You can use free Wifi int he outlet, just connect to “_Free Village WiFi” (after registration).
- There are additional savings on the Kildare Village outlet facebook site. Make sure to visit the site before going to the outlet so you can plan for some additonal discounts!
- For shoppers coming from Dublin you can save additional 10% at participating stores with the Dublin Pass. Just present it at the Tourist Information Centre to get your VIP card. When you arrive with the Shopping Express at the outlet the information is to your left at the end of the outlet (right aftert the Thomas Pink store).
- In case you want to take your dog to the village you can leave it in a kennel at the outlet. As dogs are not allowed in the outlet village itself this gives you a chance to enjoy a nice day shopping without having to worry about a dogsitter for a day.
- The outlet is completely outside and the weather in Ireland does tend to get wet or cold from time to time. Especially for fashionistas arriving without a car remember to bring outdoor clothes. The good news is that you are at the perfect place to shop for anything you might have forgotten…
- AA members can also enjoy an extra 10% dicounts when presenting their card at the information desk.