In case you like high end fashion and Los Angeles outlet mall shopping you should check out the Desert Hills Premium outlet. They offer more than 130 brands about one and a half hour east of Los Angeles. The Desert Hills Los Angeles outlet mall offers a wide range of designer clothes with many American as well as international designer boutiques in the outlet. You can also shop for cosmetics or in the Bose outlet.
Brands at the Desert Hills Los Angeles Outlet Mall
- American designer
Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein (+ underwear), Kenneth Cole, Kate Spade, Eddie Bauer, Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo
- International designer:
Armani (+ Exchange), Brunello Cucinelli, Diane Von Furstenberg, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana, DKNY, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Mulberry, Porsche Design, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Gucci, Zegna, and Versace
- High street
Levi’s, Diesel, Gap, BCBG Max Azria, Ann Taylor, Nautica, Converse, Banana Republic
- Sporty fashion
Nike Factory Store
- Cosmetics and Beauty
Lancome, L’Occitane, Crabtree & Evelyn
Getting to the Desert Hills Los Angeles Outlet Mall
Desert Hills Premium Outlets
48400 Seminole Drive
Cabazon, CA 92230
The Desert Hills Los Angeles Outlet Mall is directly next to the I10 so taking a car is a very easy way of getting there. Just get off I10 at exit Malki Road, pass under the interstate and turn right at the T junction into Seminole Dr.
Alternatively you can take the train to Palm Springs North (PSN), the trip from Los Angeles Union station (LAX) takes about 2 and a half hours. You can check out the schedules and prices on the Amtrak homepage
For shoppers flying in the best choice is Los Angeles (LAX), especially for international travellers. The Palm Springs Airport (PSP) might be a closer alternative as it offers several (mostly domestic) connections as well.
Opening hours, sales and other information for the Los Angeles Outlet Mall
Parking is available around the outlet free of charge.
The food court offers the typical range of fast food chains. For a slightly better experience try the Serrano or Cielo restaurants in the Morongo Casino right next to the outlet center.
Opening hours for the Desert Hills Premium Outlets are Mo – Sa 10:00h – 21:00h, Su 10:00h – 20:00h . Check out the outlet homepage for special opening hours on public holidays. The outlet is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Special Sales are available all year (all weekly sales are listed on the homepage). Your best chance for additional discounts however are the summer and winter closing sales, Labor Day Weekend Sale (end of August), Columbus Day Weekend Sale (mid October), After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale (end of November) and After-Holiday Sales (end of December).
In case you plan to shop with your children you can rent a stroller in the outlet. No childminding service offered at the outlet.
Desert Hills Los Angeles Outlet Mall tips from our side
- There are other Los Angeles Outlet Malls closer to the downtown LA. In case you prefer high street or American brand check out the Citadel outlet stores in downtown LA!
- This is an outdoor mall very close to the desert so expect very hot climate most of the year. Wear comfortable clothes as sometimes especially during sales season you will actually wait outside of the shops for a while!
- The food court offers standard fast food at very high prices. For a short beak try one of the indian casinos as they have better food!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers a discount if you book through the following link.
- As always for the outlets try to be early to score some good deals. Most shops in Desert hills outlet only restock once a day so you should visit your favourite store first to make sure you have the best chance to find what you came for!
- For additional savings you can enroll in the Premium Outlet VIP club – especially when you plan to visit more than once.
- Make sure to get your VAT forms filled out and stamped if you are coming from out of the US!