The Miami outlet mall in Sawgrass Mills is the biggest mall in Florida. It is located close to I-75 half an hour north of Miami and offers more than 350 shops. In case you are looking forward to some Miami outlet shopping look no further as you should find everything you need here.
The range of shops offered by this mall covers everything from fashion for kids, women and men to accessories, cosmetics, homeware and electronics. Highlights for fashion shopping are stores from Gucci, Burberry, Armani, Tory Burch, Prada, Coach, Polo Ralph Lauren, Victoria’s Secret, Cole Haan, Diane von Furstenberg, Kate Spade, Michael Kors and many more.
Outside of fashion shopping the Miami Mall at Sawgrass Mills offers highlights such as bareMinerals, L’OCCITANE, Swarovski, Furla and Le Creuset.
How to get to the Miami outlet mall in Sawgrass Mills
The address of the mall is
12801 W Sunrise Blvd,
Sunrise, FL 33323-4020
From Miami by car the easiest way is to go to interstate I-75 north. Depending on where you are in Miami go to I-75 directly or take I-95 north and then connect to I-75 via I-595. At the junction I75 / I-595 keep right and exit on Sawgrass Expressway (FL-869 N). Leave Sawgrass Epwy at the first exit (exit #1) to west Sunrise Boulevard. Continue on Sunrise Boulevard, cross the junction with 136th Ave and you will see the Sawgrass Mills mall on the left side.
From Ft. Lauderdale and Palm Beach take I-95 south to junction with I-595 and merge on I-595 west. On I-595 take exit 1A to NW 136th Ave. Follow this street until the intersection with west Sunrise Boulevard. You will see the Sawgrass Mills Miami outlet on your right.
From Ft Myers or Naples take I75 south until you see the signs for I-595 to Ft Lauderdale. Keep left to take the exit to Sawgrass Expressway (FL-869 N) and then follow the same directions as from Miami above. The trip from Ft Myers will take about 2 hours.
The Sawgrass Mills mall does not offer any shuttle busses however there are many independant companies like Sawgrass Mill Mall Shuttles. You can make reservations at the homepage or call toll free at +1 888 641 4389. The round trip costs 25$ per person.
With public transportation the Miami outlet mall is reachable from Ft Lauderdale via lines 22, 23, 36 and 72. For timings and price information you can check the Broward County Transit homepage, a map of the different routes and departing points can be found here. An all day bus pass will cost 4$. To go from Miami to the Sawgrass Mills mall by bus you can take the 595 Express from Miami.
The Miami Outlet in Sawgrass Mills has sales and events all year round. There are times where you are almost guaranteed to find some additional discounts, e.g. the end of season sales and around Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Columbus Day or Christmas. There are also sales in the different stores in the outlet mall all year. For a most recent overview of the current sales you can go to the deals section of the Sawgrass Mills homepage.
International shoppers should arrive at the airports in Miami (MIA) or Ft Lauderdale (FLL). The Miami airport has better international connections however in case you do not plan to go to the shopping mall by car you should consider flying to Ft Lauderdale.
While most outlet malls offer mediocre food at premium prices this Miami outlet mall offers everything from typical fast food chains like Burger King, Taco Bell and Subway to award winning restaurants like the Yolo Vibe. There are also coffee shops like Starbucks.
Opening hours for the Miami outlet mall in Sawgrass Mills are Monday to Saturday from 10am to 9:30pm. On Sunday you can shop your heart out from 11am in the morning to 8pm in the evening.
There is a playground for children at Avenue 2 close to the Rainforest Café.
Shopping tips for the Miami Outlet in Sawgrass Mills
- The mall can be incredibly busy especially on the weekend. Your best bet to get some quality shopping time for yourself will be during the week and in the morning hours. This way you also ensure that you get a place to park!
- While the Sawgrass Mills mall has plenty of parking lots it has even more visitors, especially later in the day. Some of the department stores open before the main mall so you have a better chance at parking here. In case you go for valet parking consider that you might have to spend a lot of time waiting for your car at peak times!
- When coming from Naples or Ft Myers via I-75 you will cross the Everglades. Most of the everglade tour operators are centered around Everglades City which is 20 miles south on US 29S from the I-75. In case you do not want to spend that much time you can also enjoy a boat tour closer to the outlet. Some of the available companies are found on FL27 N, just exit I-75 on exit 23 shortly before you reach the intersection with I-595. Examples are Everglades Airboat Tours or Blackwater Airboat Tours or the Sawgrass Recreation Park.
- The center has some very nice restaurants so you can end your shopping spree with a nice dinner to celebrate your pruchases!
- In case you want to spend time in Sawgrass Mills outside of shopping there is a Regal 23 cinema in the center. This might be a great way to entertain your children so you can shop without any distractions
- Due to the sheer size of this Miami outlet you should think about what you would like to shop before going there. While it is fun to go through each store and discover the place in detail you will easily spend multiple days until you have visited every store. In case you are on a set timeframe for your shopping concentrate on the actual outlet shops that you cannot find in other department stores!