The best place close to New York for outlet mall shopping are the Woodbury Common Premium outlets. They offer more than 220 brands about one hour north of New York. The New York Outlet Mall offers a wide range of designer clothes with many American as well as international designer boutiques in the outlet. You can also shop for homeware and cosmetics.
Brands at Woodbury New York Outlet Mall
- American designer
Ralph Lauren, Tom Ford, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein (+ underwear), Kenneth Cole, Kate Spade, John Varvatos, Eddie Bauer
- International designer:
Armani, Diane Von Furstenberg, Chloe, Dolce & Gabbana, DKNY, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Brioni, Roberto Cavalli, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, DIOR, FENDI, Zegna and Versace, Gucci
- High street
Levi’s, MaxMara, Diesel, Guess, G-Star Raw, BCBG Max Azria, Ann Taylor, Gap, Nautica, Converse, Banana Republic
- Sporty fashion
Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Nike Factory Store
Le Creuset, Ralph Lauren Home, Pratesi
- Cosmetics and Beauty
BareMinerals, Crabtree & Evelyn, Crabtree & Evelyn
Getting to the Woodbury New York Outlet Mall
The New York Outlet Mall is about 50 miles north of New York, the trip (via the I87) takes about 60 minutes. In case you use a GPS navigate to the following address:
Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
498 Red Apple Court
The Woodbury Common Premium outlet center is directly next to the I87 so taking a car is a very easy way of getting there. Just get off I87 at exit 16 and follow route 17 north. The outlet is at the first exit on the right side.
Alternatively you can take the train to Harriman Station station from New York (West-of-Hudson train)
Yet another alternative to go to the New York Outlet Mall is to take a bus from New York (Port Authority, Eastside Manhattan or Flushing, Queens) to Woodbury Common Premium outlet. You can find the different bus operators on the outlet homepage.
For shoppers flying in the best choice is Newark as a shuttle bus goes directly to the Woodbury New York Outlet Mall. Of course you can fly to any other New York (NYC) airport and then taking a rental car from there.
Opening hours, sales and other information for the New York Outlet Mall
Parking is available around the outlet free of charge.
The food court offers a range of fast food chains (Subway, McDonald’s, Starbucks) as well as Restaurants like Applebee’s. There are better alternatives close to the outlet but you should plan a lot of time to get out of the parking area and find a spot on the way back!
Opening hours for the Woodbury Common Premium outlet are Mo – Su 10:00h – 21:00h. Check out the outlet homepage for special opening hours on public holidays. The outlet is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Special Sales are available all year (all weekly sales are listed on the homepage). Your best chance for additional discounts however are the summer and winter closing sales, Labor Day Weekend Sale (end of August), Columbus Day Weekend Sale (mid October), After-Thanksgiving Weekend Sale (end of November) and After-Holiday Sales (end of December).
In case you plan to shop with your children there is a playground close to the Villandry Grand Café. No childminding service offered at the outlet.
Woodbury Common Premium outlet tips from our side
- Action Car Rental offers a package with a free GPS
- In case you arrive by train or with a rental from Dollar, Thrifty or Zipcar you get a free VIP coupon book if you present your keys/ ticket at the information desk. The coupon book is also complimentary for AAA members. Be aware though that the coupons typically apply to non discounted items only and require a minimum amount to be spent. As some outlets have store wide discounts it will be difficult to use the coupons…
- As always for the outlets try to be early to score some good deals. Most shops in Woodbury Common Premium outlet only restock once a day so you should visit your favourite store first to make sure you have the best chance to find what you came for!
- For additional savings you can enroll in the Premium Outlet VIP club – especially when you plan to visit more than once.
- Make sure to get your VAT forms filled out and stamped if you are coming from out of the US!